HOUSING AND DINING OPTIONS, RESERVATIONS, AND PAYMENTS
HILTON GARDEN INN, STONY BROOK: On campus adjacent to meeting venue: $140.00 per person per night plus applicable taxes, including free parking at the hotel. Click here for more information or to reserve a room, or call 631-941-2980 and mention “The 8th International Conference” or “Block Code 8THINT” to receive the Conference discount. Rooms are limited and must be reserved by June 24, 2015 to receive the conference discount. Cancellations can be made at least 24 hours in advance of the arrival date without penalty, but one night’s room and tax will be charged to the credit card on file for no-shows.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS STONY BROOK: Located about 3 miles (5 km) from Stony Brook University: rated 4 stars, approximately $129 per person per night (Stony Brook Conference rate) plus applicable taxes, including free shuttle service to Stony Brook University and from Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP), free parking at the hotel, and free breakfast. Click here for more information or to reserve a room, or call +1 877-410-6667 and request the Stony Brook University conference rate.
OTHER HOTELS NEAR STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY: We have not negotiated special rates for participants, so there is no deadline. However, rooms may be booked early for the summer. Click here to check other hotels.
CAMPUS RESIDENCE HALLS (DORMITORY): The most economical housing for the Conference will be in the Campus Residence Halls. You may reserve a single-occupancy room ("Conference Double as Single") for $73.50 or a double-occupancy room ("Conference Double") for $60.00. Reservations may be cancelled without a penalty until July 15, 2015, after which there will be a charge for one day. Go to the secure payment page to reserve and pay for your room by July 15, 2015. Please note the following when you fill out the registration page:
MORE INFORMATION ON THE CAMPUS RESIDENCE HALLS:
- On the opening page, use the pull-down menu to select "Stickleback Behavior and Evolution".
- A new page with a set of check boxes and fill-in boxes will open. Please fill them out as indicated, but see below.
- Enter 231 for the "Conference Code," unless you are a graduate student who has received a Travel Award.
- Select any option for "Do you have special dietary needs?" There will be no meal plan for this Conference, but the field must be filled.
- Be sure to type in a name in "Roommate preference," if you are sharing a room (i.e., ("Conference Double") with someone specific. Leave this box blank if you wish to be assigned a roommate or plan to pay for a single room.
- The default dates for registration are arrival on Sunday, July 26 and departure on Sunday, August 2 (7 days). If you wish to select other arrival or departure dates, please check "I need an alternative arrival or departure date," and a pair of calendars for Arrival and Departure will open. Click the dates on each calendar that you wish to arrive and depart, and those dates and the inclusive number of days will appear in your reservation record and be used to calculate your payment.
- For "Select Room Type," click on the pull-down menu and select "Conference Double," if you will share a room, and "Conference Double as Single," if you plan to reserve a room for your exclusive use. Your daily room rate will be used accordingly to calculate your payment.
- All bedrooms include two single beds.
- Each residence hall suite (three bedrooms) includes access to a common lounge, one toilet room, one shower room, and two sinks in the hallway. Bedrooms have individual climate control. Suites are fully furnished and have wi-fi and ethernet access. Linens and bar soap are provided.
- The residence hall is a new building about 15-minute’s walk from the conference center.
- For double occupancy, please provide the name of your preferred roommate on the housing registration page and have her or him name you on his or her payment page. Otherwise, a roommate of the same gender will be arbitrarily assigned to double occupancy rooms.
- You may reserve and pay for residence hall housing by going to the secure payment page.
- Just pay for your residence hall room for the nights you would like to stay, whether you are arriving early or late or departing early or late.
- Toiletries and other personal supplies can be purchased in the Seawolves MarketPlace on the first floor of the Student Activities Center.
Light breakfasts from Monday through Friday morning are included in the cost of Conference registration. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks during sessions will include hot and cold beverages and snacks. Dinner on Thursday evening is also included in the cost of registration. Other meals will be available for purchase by participants at several sites on campus, within walking distance, or a short drive from campus. Click here for on-campus and off-campus dining options.