Software by F. James Rohlf
Freely distributed software:
Morphometric software distributed via the Stony
Brook Morphometrics www site.
- tpsBias: Explore bias
and error in estimating average shape.
- tpsDig: Digitize coordinates
of landmarks and capture outlines.
- tpsPLS: Study covariation
between a shape and a set of variables or between two shapes.
- tpsPower: Estimates statistical
power for testing difference between two mean shapes..
- tpsRelw: Relative warps
- tpsRegr: Multivariate
regression of shape onto one or more independent variables.
- tpsSmall: Test whether
shape variation is small enough so that tangent space approximations can be
used (almost always true)..
- tpsSplin: Computes thin-plate
- tpsSuper: GLS superimposition,
image unwarping and image averaging.
- tpsSurfPlot: Utility
to show results of tpsPower and tpsBias as surface plots (but just for triangles).
- tpsTree: Fit shapes to
a hierarchical tree.
- tpsTri: Explore statistics
of shape for triangles.
- tpsUtil: Utility program
useful when working with tps files..
Commercially available software:
- BIOMstat ver 3.3. For
- A basic statistical package designed to be used with the third edition of
the text Biometry by Sokal and Rohlf. Available from Exeter
- NTSYSpc ver. 2.2. For
- Multivariate data analysis package of programs available from Exeter
- BIOMlab ver. 1.0. For
- A program to demonstrate statistical principles throught the use of sampling
experiments. Available from Exeter
Problems with this software? Please let me know by
You are the 68170th person to access this page since 12/2/97
February 13, 2009